House and Vice Captains
- The school quiz – In the summer to consolidate the years of learning in a fun and engaging way.
- Sports Day
- The Spelling Bee – To help consolidate the previous year’s spellings and to learn new ones for the coming year
We also give out House points as a reward in class and these are collated every week and transferred into points to go towards their House score. We announce the results each week in the celebration assembly on Friday. The team with the most points at the end of the year win the house cup and earn a reward.
The teams are Wilberforce, Ferens, Johnson and Marvell.
Role and Expectations of House Captains
The role of House Captains are ones of privilege, pride and responsibility. They are more than just a title and badge and require dedication and commitment for an entire year. The children are voted for by their houses and have to prepare a presentation which is given to their house before they choose their captain and vice captain.
Each Captain will be different and will contribute an assortment of skills and ideas to the job.
Characteristics of House and Vice House Captains
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Eversley Values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Eversley Primary School
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within your House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.