What is the Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium funding is additional funding allocated to all schools to support disadvantaged pupils. St Andrew’s receives pupil premium for:
- Children of statutory school age from low-income families who are known to be eligible for Free school meals (FSM) in both mainstream and non-mainstream settings
- Children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months.
- Children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
- Children that are cared for or adopted from care.
How can I find out if my child is entitled to the Pupil Premium funding?
The process for applying is straightforward and confidential. Please speak top our Business Manager, Mrs Hodgson, on 01482 657208 who will be able to assist you through this process. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Children in Reception and KS1 are automatically entitled to a free school lunch; however, registering your child for free meals will entitle them to additional support with the cost of school visits, PTA events and extra-curricular clubs, as well as raising additional funds for the school.
How is the funding used?
St Andrew’s seeks to ensure the effectiveness of its use of the Pupil Premium. We recognise that barriers to achievement take a variety of forms and look for individual ways to support each child to achieve their very best. We do this by offering our children a wide range of opportunities and ensuring that these are accessible for everyone. We work with our families and colleagues to make sure everyone has high aspirations for all pupils.
What support do we offer?
Enriching the Curriculum
- Subsidised class trips
- Workshop and Theatre performances
- Free places given to after school clubs
- Use of specialist staff: Art, PE and ELSA
- Tailoring each intervention to suit each child
- Reading Support
- Small group support
- Booster groups
- 1:1 tuition for underperforming pupils
- Speech and Language support
- English as an additional language
- CPD when required
- Regular staff training e.g. ICT programmes
- Reading and Maths workshops in KS1/crèche provided
- Parent information
- Parents evenings and newsletters
Click on the links below to view our Pupil Premium report and further information :-