Lunchtime is staggered for pupils and takes place between 11.55am and 1.15pm. Pupils in Foundation start their lunch at 11.55am and this is follwed by Year 1 and 2. The year 3/4 and 5/6 then follow using a rota and swap each week so they are not always the last in. All children return to their afternoon sessions at 1.15pm. The children can have a school meal, a packed lunch or can be collected by an adult to have a home lunch. We have a team of dedicated Lunchtime staff who care for and supervise the children.
School lunches are prepared and served on the premises by our kitchen staff. Meals cost £2.20 per day and are paid for using ParentPay. Children up to year 2 receive free school meals.
The current menu is detailed below:
Free School Meals
In order to support parents, the government provides Free School Meals to children whose families are eligible for certain benefits; this is not just for children whose parents are unemployed.
If eligible, your child could have a Free School Meal on a daily basis, saving up to £400 over a year. For every Free School Meal child in the school, the school receives a further £600 into the budget to be spent on supporting and developing the child.
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Entitlement to free school meals is kept as confidential as possible. The free school meal will remain in place for as long as your child continues to attend an East Riding of Yorkshire school and you continue to be entitled to one of the above qualifying benefits. Remember – you must contact East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s benefit section if your circumstances change and you are no longer in receipt of one of the listed benefits.
If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals, you can either pop into the office to chat to one of our administration team, or use the portal on the East Riding website which can be using the link below.